Untitled Gaming Tournament

For the gamers, by the gamers.
g0m
g0m

Untitled Gaming Tournament

Post by g0m » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Welcome to the first annual[?] Untitled Gaming Tournament.
FAQ
Q. What is this?
A. As stated, this is the first annual Untitled Gaming Tournament. It's a single elimination tournament, meaning every round, one person will be knocked out [The first round is placement. That one doesn't count]. And at the end, we will have a winner!

Q. I'm not, like, a hardcore gamer...?
A. Who is, these days! Be at ease, my friend. This is just a bit of fun, and I'm going to do my best to pick a variety of game types, so all will be welcome and all will [hopefully] have a good time.

Q. But I don't really know if I have a free night every week to enter a gaming tournament... and what about time zones?
A. Don't worry. This tourney is entirely asynchronous. Every round will last an entire week, meaning you can compete at your leisure.

Q. I don't really have a "gaming rig". I have a lenovo laptop from back when they had those little rubber keyboard nubs, but the keyboard nub has come off, and it's running gentoo, and the last video game I bought came with a cloth map. Can I still enter?
A. Absolutely! I'm going to do my best to make the games selected entirely platform agnostic, just for weirdos like you! Expect plenty of free indie titles and ROMs.

Q. Is there a prize for winning?
A. There is/are 100% going to be [a] prize/s for winning [delete as appropriate]. So far what that/those is/are is TBD.

Q. I'm sold! How can I enter?
A. Good question. All you have to do is read the very next post!
Last edited by g0m on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 295

g0m
g0m

Re: Untitled Gaming Tournament

Post by g0m » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:00 pm

ROUND ONE [OPEN PARTICIPATION! COME ONE, COME ALL!]
Game: ROM CHECK FAIL

Challenge: Get as high a score as possible!

Info: ROM CHECK FAIL is a game made in 2008, in which, sadly, sometimes it is Mario. While it was initially a download-only game, today, you can play it in your browser here! Tip: The Space Invaders ship is the least mobile of all possible player characters. You'll want to be in a position that allows for its' safety when the level transitions.

Verification: Post a screencap of your high score in this thread, or send it to g0m#2623 on discord. Just start a new game after you die, and your high score should be in the top-center of the screen.

If there's more than 8 entrants, the top 8 will advance to round two. If there's less than 8 entrants, every entrant will advance to round two! Incredible! This round will last until Wednesday the 12th of September!
word count: 165

Pissbabybrown
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pissbabybrown » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:17 pm

I don't like this game.

word count: 6
I am Pissbabybrown.

Dalm

Post by Dalm » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:01 pm

I will play this game
word count: 5

a52

Post by a52 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:34 pm

i like the idea of this game but the way it's made you die a lot immediately after respawning or when the room changes. the worst is when you're pacman and you get the powerup but it switches right as you're about to hit the enemy and then you die.
word count: 53

LieutenantFish69

Post by LieutenantFish69 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm

I have been permanently sealed off from all enemy units, and unable to proceed in the game. I choose to interpret this as a zen-like state of total victory, and I believe it should be worth more than 540 points.
word count: 41