New Year's Resolutions

A forum for talking about politics. Remember civility.
LieutenantFish69

New Year's Resolutions

Post by LieutenantFish69 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 am

It's the morning of January 3rd, and you know what that means: It's time to make some New Year's Resolutions! For an explanation of what New Year's Resolutions are, stick around for the end of the thread.*

Here are mine:

#1 - as I mentioned in one of comrade Dalm's threads just minutes ago, in 2019, "we leavin' behind" potty humor. Living up to such a goal might entail that I stop posting on this site entirely, or even publicly denounce it!

#2 - While I'm "leavin' behind" things that I don't like, let's get astrology in there. In 2019, "we leavin' behind" astrology. "Enough of that. No thank you! Nome for me, please. Uhm, yeah, I'm not interested." <--- that's the sort of thing you can expect me to say when people bring up astrology in 2019.

#3 - I resolve to use the :terps: smiley more often.

#4 - I resolve to make peace with the fact that I will probably never be able to live up to one of the goals I set for myself in my classic thread "statement of intent." Which one, you ask? Why, the one about always having the second-highest post count, of course. . . you didn't think I meant the one about making sure each of my posts was a jewel unto itself, did you?

#5 - I resolve to set some time aside to finally figure out how to change my avatar. For posterity, this is what it looks like and has looked like for months on end:

Chwoka vandalized it with all those tattoos during a bible fight or whatever.

That's all for now... but there's still almost six days left until midnight of January 9, so I've got plenty of time to come up with more New Year's Resolutions, and I will be sure to post about them right here.

How about
 ! Message from: LieutenantFish69
you?

*(When this thread finally dies because no one is posting in it, I'll explain what New Year's Resolutions are.)
word count: 345