Crocodile Tearaway Zine 2: Resurrection [SUBMISSIONS WANTED]

This is the forum where you post art, for display, critique, publishing, and whatever else you may desire.

Moderator: Dalm

Dalm

Re: Crocodile Tearaway Zine 2: Resurrection [SUBMISSIONS WANTED]

Post by Dalm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:03 pm

now looking for submissions for VOLUME 2.
I also updated the OP with a better sizing guide, cos i had a weird old time of it last time receiving lots of pieces in different sizes.
word count: 35

Dalm

Re: Crocodile Tearaway Zine 2: Resurrection [SUBMISSIONS WANTED]

Post by Dalm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 pm

NEW PRINTING GUIDELINES SO I DONT HAVE TO SCALE YR STUFF

Submissions should be sized for A5 sized paper at 600 dpi. A5 is 210 x 148 mm, but try to keep around a 10mm margin. If you can, keep the important details of your page at 160 x 108 mm. You can set a guide to this length in GIMP if you're working digitally. This prevents stuff from getting cut off if we decide to print it physically. All art should be greyscale so that it's cheap to print.

In GIMP these settings should look like this:

Lastly, for scanned submissions, collages etc, scan them in higher than 600 dpi if you can. Maybe 900 if your printer can handle it. This will make them look nice when scaled down for print res. For monochrome or dithered pieces, like the two Contrast pieces in the previous issue, do not create them at A4 res, as the downscaling will cause detail loss and ruin the hard pixel look.
word count: 170